Google
 

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The poor me post....

Okay, so a friend on a message board asked where I've been lately since I've been pretty quiet. I answered her there, but figured I'd post my response here as well since others may be wondering as well. I don't really like to write "pity me" posts, but I guess since this is my blog, I can post whatever I feel like. And I really don't need or want pity; this is just what's going on and where I've been. So here was my response:

I'm around. I'm still reading, just not posting as much. I've actually been feeling pretty lousy lately. I just really don't like to complain much, especially about anything pregnancy related b/c I feel so blessed to finally be here.

I've got bad morning sickness--my nurse had me on Reglan, but it hasn't seemed to help much lately. So she just prescribed Fenegran (sp?) suppositories. I haven't thrown up today so that's a good thing. But I did get really dizzy and light headed shortly after lunch and had to go home early. I'm also exhausted most of the time.

I feel bad b/c our house is a mess and Josh is having to do like everything cause I'm just not up to it. And now he's injured so I feel doubly bad. His mom is coming to visit tomorrow, but she's just going to have to deal with a messy place.

I'm also at the point where I really don't like my job. We don't have enough staff to cover everything so even when I'm feeling like I can barely move, I still have to go in. I'm also so over-qualified for this job, it's not even funny. I miss working with older kids--I'm used to middle school so one year olds are a big change. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a regular teaching job in this town, so the closest I'll get to teaching is subbing or daycare. I've thought about trying to find some type of reception job or something but there's no where that will pay as well as what I'm making now. I think I will go back to subbing this fall though. That way, I get to choose my own schedule and can take off if I need to for dr's appointments or whatever.

I'm really close to 2nd Tri so I'm hoping things turn around soon.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

aww...i'm so sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time with morning sickness! i hope it passes very very soon. and i hope your job situation gets better too. let us know if you need anything...even though we're far away we'll do what we can!

CanadianMama said...

I felt the same way in my first tri as well. I hated to complain but I felt like crap. After that I had the most wonderful pregnancy. Hopefully things turn for you as well!
Sorry about the job, soon you will have a wonderful job that will keep you on your toes :)

Morgan Owens said...

Don't feel bad about complaining...go to my blog and you will find lots of it lol! My first tri was horrid, but everytime I got sick and felt like crap I just pictured myself sitting in a rocker rocking my newborn and comforting it- which brought ALOT of comfort to me. "This will all be worth it" I kept telling myself...and it will be for all of us preggy ladies! It does get better...I'm 15w and not that nauseas anymore. The fatigue thing never really went away for me, but it gets better. Keep your head up momma to be!

Katie said...

Hope the start of your second trimester is going better than your first did! Way to make it past that major hurdle!

To answer your question, I quit my job. I'm now a stay-at-home mom. Granted, I quit a little sooner than what I had planned; I still had 2 days of work left when my water broke. At least I wasn't AT work when it happened! We're going to see how this works out financially and emotionally for me. I just couldn't see working full-time and trusting someone else to care for her all day 5 days a week. Gotta love my paranoia. :)