Google
 

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

100th post

I've been kinda holding off posting too much b/c I wanted my 100th post to be somewhat special.

I had my big u/s appointment today. First off was weight and blood pressure. Weight was up about a pound or so. BP was down to around 107/75 or so. I forget exactly, but it was lower than normal. Then we went in for the actual u/s. We had brought in a video tape to record it, but the VCR was broken so we didn't get to do that. The nurse measured the abdomen, the head, and the femur. I didn't get the actual measurements, but everything is normal. The doc came in and let me know that the CF and spina bifida screenings I had done on the last visit were negative. Then he did the scan again. The only real problem was that placenta was in the back and they couldn't tell exactly how far down it went. If it goes far enough that it covers the top of the cervix, it can lead to vaginal bleeding and probably make a Csection necessary. I'll have to have another u/s at around 26-28 weeks to check on it.

Unfortunately, we also didn't get to find out the gender. When we have our next u/s, we're also going to have a 3D one. So we're disappointed we didn't find out, but we're glad the baby's healthy.

7 comments:

nancy said...

Well, "YAY" for a healthy baby!

Was the baby being stubborn and not letting you guys get a look?

Rebecca said...

glad baby is healthy..sorry you weren't able to find out the gender yet!

jenn said...

I'm glad everyone's healthy, sorry you couldn't find out- but at least you get another peek!

Jen said...

A healthy baby is definitely the best news. But that does suck that you couldn't see if it was a he or she hanging out in there. At least you'll have another u/s at some point. Hopefully soon.

Birdee said...

Bummer on not seeing the sex, but I'm so glad your little bean is healthy. =D

Anonymous said...

Congrats that the little one is healthy! I know how frustrating it is when you want to know the sex but the little on is being modest. The 3d will give you a great look and it will be even more special. I was able to bring a dvd/cd to record the 3d, that might be an option for you too. Big hugs, glad you are well.
Colleen

Rebecca said...

when is your next ultrasound?? we had ours today...