Google
 

Thursday, October 9, 2008

I know, I know, I should post more often

It's been a crazy few weeks in my world. I've been undergoing a lot of stress and pressure at work. I've also been experiencing a lot more morning sickness. I think the stress has a lot to do with it.

So I've decided to resign from my job. I'm going to go back to subbing until the baby is born. It's going to be a lot less money, but I think it will be better for me physically and emotionally. I turned my resignation in last Monday, but since I'm under contract, I have to wait for them to find a replacement. My principal is supposed to be doing interviews next Wednesday. It's kinda frustrating because the interviews were originally scheduled for this past Tuesday and then rescheduled for next Monday. Now, they're pushed back even further. It's just irritating because now that I've decided to resign, I am so ready to be done.

I haven't updated my belly pic in a while either. On weekends (when I normally do belly pics), I normally don't feel like getting dressed or going anywhere. I'll get more pics up eventually. I still think I just look fat rather than pregnant. The good part about that is that I don't have people wanting to rub my belly. It's really cool now that I'm feeling baby move more often. Not that much fun when I'm being kicked, but the moving is interesting. Josh kinda freaks out whenever I let him feel the kicks.

This weekend should be fun. Josh and I are going to the Navy Day Ball in San Antonio. Fortunately, I have a nice dress that still fits! So I didn't have to spend a lot of money on a new dress that won't fit after baby. I love that I still haven't had to switch to maternity clothes yet--guess that's one of the advantages of being plus sized and pregnant.

My next appointment is Tuesday afternoon. Should be fairly routine though. Doc wants me to have another u/s between 26 and 28 weeks to check on the placenta position. So I'll probably schedule that for a couple weeks after this appt. We're still planning on doing the 3D. I'm guessing that should mean that we'll finally have a definite gender answer in a few weeks. Oh, I think Josh and I have finally come to a compromise on names. He's wanting Will for a boy and Lindsey for a girl. I like Charlie for a boy and Sarah for a girl. So we came to the decision that if Baby is a boy, we'll name him William Joshua, but if she's a girl, we'll name her Sarah Lynn.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. I'll really try to blog more often so my posts don't get so long and winded. Thanks for checking on me!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah, the belly-rubbing thing was annoying, especially when people I barely knew wanted to do it. I got to the point where I tried to stand behind tables and stuff so people wouldn't be tempted to rub it. Christmas last year was a lot of fun, lol.

If you do end up having a girl, I have some clothes to give to you. Carina got some summery 6-month clothes that I haven't even washed and that still have tags on them. Guess some people thought she'd be big and need them during the summer. It'll be too cool around here for her to wear them by the time she can fit into them.

Birdee said...

Good to know your still alive ;p
I can’t believe how sick you are, I mean I can, my cousin in-law was deathly sick throughout her first pregnancy - (Hope for ya, her second was cake) but it's just so sad to see you so miserable.

I'm a weird-o . I loved my belly rubbed, even this last pregnancy people were rubbing my belly and I wasn't really even showing - and I loved it.
BUT I never rub a strangers belly - luckily I wasn’t born with those urges, but I'm guilty of not being able to keep my hands off of close friends.
Co workers- I don’t rub their bellies either unless they have turned on the green light for everyone to cop a feel, then I do a quick rub-pad, then back off (Natural instinct - not conscious effort)

I would rub your belly tho - sorry.

Colleen said...

Glad that you are posting again! I was starting to get worried about you. Not sure if you check out my blog or not, but I found out I am pregnant again. (16 weeks today) I found a plus sized maternity site that has great stuff if you decide to maternity shop. (motherhood maternity plus) I didnt need maternity clothes with the last 3 until the third trimester but this time, at about 12 weeks, my clothes were not fitting, so I had to pop into maternity wear alot earlier.

Glad you are back posting, sorry you have been stressing out and sick. Hang in there... you are more than 1/2 way!

Rebecca said...

cute names. i like them :). can't wait for your ultrasound. do you have any feelings of the gender?