Google
 

Saturday, December 13, 2008

34 weeks

I had my 34 weeks appointment on Thursday. Everything went well. BP was 112/80. Weight was up about 2 pounds. I'm currently about 3 or 4 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight. Sarah's HB was about 160. I asked Dr S if he could tell how big she would be. He's estimating (based on external measurement) that she's probably close to 6 lbs now, but shouldn't be much more than 8lbs when she's born. Beginning at my next appointment (the Tues before Christmas), he'll start doing pelvic exams so we'll have a better idea how she's growing.

Tonight was Josh's command's annual Holiday Party. It was a lot of fun, but I ate way too much! It was also the first time that I've had someone reach out and feel my belly. It was kinda weird having someone pressing the belly feeling for baby. As you can see by my new 34 week belly pic, my belly is starting to stick out more and look more preg. Sarah's been kicking and squirming a lot more tonight. I also think I've really felt a contraction or two in the last few days.

I can't believe I'm only 6 weeks from my due date! There's still so much to do, ack!

7 comments:

Birdee said...

Yep- your looking Very Pregnant, and still so beautiful.

So what did you think of someone's hand on your belly? Some hate it - some love it (I am a lover of it personally).

Rebecca said...

Awww!!! Not much longer!!! I am so excited for you!!! :)

Jen said...

With your weight gain...or should I say loss...you can afford the extra calories for one night I dare say! Boy is it getting close now!!!

Katie said...

I agree with Jen--enjoy this one time in your life where you can pig out about as much as you want and it's totally okay! Well, that and if you stick with breastfeeding. You've done well to have made it as long as you did without anyone touching your belly. I had people doing it last Christmas, when I was only about 5 months along! (I didn't mind if it was people that I knew well, or if they asked first. Some people just assumed that I'd like it, and that's what irked me.)

jenn said...

Congrats on 34 weeks & really looking pregnant! It's so hard to believe there's only 6 weeks left! I'm having enough of a hard time wrapping 16 weeks left around my head!

nancy said...

Woohoo!!! I can't believe how close we are to the end. It's amazing.

Question - how will he know how big she is from a pelvic exam? I thought they just checked for dilation.

Rebecca said...

time is flying! you look great. so glad sarah's doing well in there!