Well, it looks like we finally have a plan for the next year or so. It's still unofficial so it's possible that it could change. But for now, this is what we're looking at.
As soon as medical declares Josh LIMDU (limited duty, though there is some issue of if and when the Captain will do this), his current orders will be cancelled, and he will be given PCS (permanent change of station) orders to Pensacola for 6 months. The detailer will continue to give him orders there in 6 month increments until he is healed. Then he will have to negotiate for new orders. Since they are PCS orders, they will pay for me and our stuff to go out there with him, and he will get housing allowance based on Pensacola's rate.
Josh graduates from his school in Friday and has a meeting with his surgeon on Monday. Assuming everything works out the way it's supposed to at the moment, Josh will then take leave for a week or so and fly back to TX. We will load up everything that is left in the house and drive back to FL! I am so excited about the possibility of seeing Josh again in about a week!!!
The only major issue now is selling our house. I don't know how we're going to afford to rent a place in FL while still paying our mortgage here. We had thought about waiting here until it sells, but we really want to be together soon. Besides, I need to be able to be there to take care of him after his surgery, and I had already given notice to Sarah's daycare and they have already filled her spot so we wont' have childcare after the 12th.
So please continue to pray for us as we're still navigating these unknowns.