Google
 

Monday, December 17, 2007

Pet Peeve

Okay, everybody hates email spam. And a lot of people get annoyed when the only time they hear from some people is through email forwards. But what really gets on my nerves is when people send out "important" messages either warnings or please boycott pleadings and don't even bother to check on the validity of the email.

I've gotten 2 of these today. One was about how the new presidential dollar coins aren't going to have "In God We Trust" printed on the front. The other was about some boy who was missing. Both emails were false. How hard is it to check out snopes.com before sending it on?? I mean, please do the world a favor and check out stuff before you send it on and clog up all your friends' inboxes!!

4 comments:

jenn said...

snopes is one of my favorite sites! I always e-mail the link back when I get one of those e-mails!

Katie said...

Amen to that! I have a co-worker who does this. At first, I just deleted the emails, but now I'm starting to send her the link back to Snopes to refute the claim. I could get really snarky with her and say that she shouldn't use company email to spread false rumors... :) Knowing my luck, though, I'd be made out to be the bad guy.

nancy said...

Those types of email bugs the crap out of me too. I would NEVER send something out blindly without checking. So I'm always the one to respond to everyone, making the original mailer look like an idiot. :)

ALthough the other day I got the "sears" one (maybe even from someone in the batcave?) and it was true! shocking. A real email.

Birdee said...

I'll "Amen" to that too sista.

I've never heard of "snopes" but I log into "about" all the time, not even so much to see if its true, but to verify that it is not, then I send the link to the e-mailer to let them know its a Hoax. Its pretty sad when I'm sending the same person links to this web site weekly, Like HELLO!! Get a Clue!.
I actually told one of my Myspace friends that I dont believe in all the internet crap and to please not send me stuff anymore, she got offended and deleted me from her friends, lol, thats that much less junk mail in my folder.