Google
 

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm done

Well, my temp has nose-dived (see my chart) and Spot came to visit today. So this cycle is done. Since Josh is out of town until mid-April, we're being forced to TAB.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to be a while before we really try, even when he gets back. It really pains me to say it because I want a baby so so bad. It's just that right now, we're not doing that great financially. I mean, we're self-sufficient and able to pay our own bills, but we've had to use a lot of our savings recently. We're trying to limit our spending and budget better. So until either I get a better job (I'm making about 1/3 of what I should be making) or we build our savings back up, I really don't think we can afford to care for a child--much less all the procedures we'd have to go through to get there.

This really sucks because this was supposed to be our time to have our kids while Josh is on shore duty and not having to deploy all the time. And now it looks like it'll be another 6 months to a year before we can really try. We're only here until Nov of 09. After that, he's thinking of going to Iraq or Afghanistan for a year. So even if I do somehow get pregnant before he leaves, I'll be alone for the pregnancy and/or first year. Even if he doesn't go there, he'll probably be back on sea duty which means he'll be gone about half the time. So I'm thinking it may be another 5 years or so before we actually have a baby. Sucks, but such is life.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I don't think there's anything I can say to make you feel better, so here's a virtual hug for you!

Jen said...

Nothing I could say seems adequate. I'm just so sorry.

Birdee said...

Huuunnneee ~hugs~ I'm so so so sorry.
I dont know what to say, God I hurt for you.

jenn said...

Mon- I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do to make this all better.....