Google
 

Thursday, January 31, 2008

So I'm on crutches now

Okay, for those of you who don't know, I started taking Taekwon Do a few weeks ago. Josh has been doing it for a while and he got me into it before he left. I'm kinda lazy so I haven't been going as much as I should. I'm also taking aerobic TKD (kinda like cardio kickboxing). Both are a great workout. And I'm learning self defense.

Tuesday night, we were having a great class. Then we started doing some jumping drills. Our instructor laid some punching bags in a row and we were jumping side to side over them. I was kinda nervous, because I'm pretty klutzy. So I started and was doing really good. But then on the last time (the bags had gotten moved as people went through), my right foot came down on the bag and I fell. I knew instantly that I had twisted it. I didn't think it was broken or anything like that.

After class, one of the other instructors (who is a certified accupuncturist) gave me accupuncture. It was a bit painful, but I think it did help. I spent all day yesterday with my leg propped up waiting for the nurse to call back. She finally called with an appointment scheduled for this morning. Since it was still swollen, they did an X-ray. Just as I suspected, it wasn't broken, just badly sprained. I can actually walk on it much better. But the doc gave me crutches so I can stay off it when I have to do much walking. I'm also supposed to exercise it much for the next week (which means at least another week before I can go to another class).

No comments: