Google
 

Friday, February 22, 2008

Finally, some good news

I just got a call from the CDC (Child Development Center) on base about my application. She's going to submit my application to the human resource office so they can do my background check and paperwork. But it sounds like a really good chance I'm going to get the job! It's a flex position which means they can't guarantee any number of hours, but she said they've got a couple people quitting so I should be able to get as many as I want. And I'm qualified for the highest amount that they're hiring for, which is like $12 something an hour. If I can get close to 40 hours, that will be almost $25K a year. Not great, but much better than what I'm getting now. She's submitting the paperwork on Monday, so hopefully I'll hear something really soon! I'm really excited :)

5 comments:

KatieM said...

Yay!! =)

Jen said...

Wonderful news, Mon! It is about time you got a break in the job department!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Yay! Congratulations :-)

nancy said...

That's great news!! Congrats!!


And hey - put up your answers to your last post.

Birdee said...

Yay! My fingers are crossed for you :)