Google
 

Saturday, August 9, 2008

I've been a bad blogger (trigs)--long

I just realized how long it's been since I've blogged. There's been a lot of stuff going on that I should have blogged about but haven't. So this is going to kinda be a mish/mash of stuff--some good, some terrible (you'll notice I actually added trigs to my title).

So let's start chronologically. 3 weeks ago, I had my OB appointment. My weight was down even more since I hadn't been able to keep anything down for a few days. So my doc has prescribed Zofran. Finally, the good stuff. The only problem is that it's so expensive, my insurance will only cover 15 tabs in 30 days, but I'm supposed to take 1/2 to 1 tab every 12 hours. So I've been trying to just do half a tab each morning. But I didn't realize the 15 tab rule until I went to get a refill (they only give you 8 at a time). So now I have 1 tab left to last me a couple weeks. I'm still on Reglan as well, and I have the Phengran (sp?) suppositories, but I don't care for those too much (though they do help with constipation). Everything else went okay. My blood pressure is still great 119/80 or something like that. The doc couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, so I had to get another u/s, which I didn't mind of course. This was my first abdominal u/s though so no more monkey wand! I have a picture, but I haven't scanned it yet b/c it's not that good. Peanut wouldn't stop moving.

TRIGS--2 weeks ago (and this is the tragic part so if you're not up for it, you may want to skip to the next paragraph), my cousin Angie was crossing the street with her 5 year old daughter and her daughter's 4 year old friend when a car fleeing from the cops hit them in the crosswalk. Angie's little girl died at the scene, and the other little girl died at the hospital a little while later. Angie suffered some broken bones and of course a broken heart. The only good thing is that her son (2 or 3, I think) was spending the day with his daddy so he wasn't with them as well. They caught the guy who hit them and along with several other counts, they've charged him with 2 counts of murder.

Last weekend I went to Josh's stepsister's wedding. It was a really lovely wedding. Nothing too elaborate, but beautiful just the same. I still need to get the pics off my camera. The only bad thing was that since it's a 3 1/2 hour drive from here, we actually drove to Josh's mom's which is 2 hours past where the wedding is so we'd have a free place to stay and we wouldn't have to kennel our dogs. So that made for a lot of driving in one weekend. Josh normally does all the driving, unless it's a really really long trip. But his arm was bothering him so he needed to take his vicodin and I had to drive part of the way. Not much fun when you're still fighting off morning sickness.

Monday, I interviewed for and was offered a job teaching 5th grade! I'm so excited to finally have a "real" job again. I still have to figure out what I need to do as far as maternity leave, but I've still got time. I had a day of new teacher training yesterday and have another on Monday. Then on Tuesday, we start staff development and teacher work days. School starts on the 25th.

Today makes 16 weeks! wow, 2/5 of this pregnancy is done. I'm still fighting morning sickness so I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones that has it throughout pregnancy. I think I've also developed rhinitis of pregnancy where I'm constantly having to blow my nose. I get to see the doc again next Friday where they'll do the screenings for CF and spina bifida. I'm also hoping we'll be able to find out the gender.

If you made it all the way here, I'm impressed! Thanks for taking the time to read it all. I'll try not to wait so long to post next time.

6 comments:

Birdee said...

It's good to hear from you, I was about to leave a nasty message ;)

♥ Ya, I hope your m/s doesnt last throughout the Third tri, but if anything, it should be over by the 4th.

Rebecca said...

i'm so glad you're doing well and the pregnancy is going well. congrats on the new job!! so exciting!!

i'm so so sorry to hear about your cousin and her daughter..it breaks my heart. saying a prayer for her and the family!

Jen said...

I'm so glad to get an update! What wonderful news on the job. Finally after searching for so long!!! And I'm especially glad to hear your little one is doing well. Not too much longer until the big u/s.

How horrible about your cousin, her little girl and the other little girl. I hope that guy gets put away for a long time. Lives shouldn't be cut so short.

Katie said...

I am so sorry about your cousin's little girl and her friend. That's just so heartbreaking. And senseless. I hope they throw the book at that guy who ran them over.

And sorry that you're still having m/s. It could still go away any time now, so keep your fingers crossed.

Congrats on the new job!

nancy said...

omg. what tragic news. I'm so sorry.

Morgan Owens said...

I am so sorry about your cousins daughter and friend. Tragic isn't even the word...my heart just sunk when I read the post. On another note, I am so happy your Peanut is doing well and I hope the MS stops soon!