Google
 

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

sleeping positions and other stuff

Okay, I know they say you're supposed to sleep on your left side during pregnancy. But sometimes, it just feels much more comfortable sleeping on my right. Sometimes, it's even comfortable still sleeping on my belly. Is that weird?

I'm now more than 17 weeks pregnant, but still don't always feel like it--except the throwing up part of course. Josh says that he can tell by looking, but when I look in the mirror, I still don't see it. When I look at pictures, I can kinda tell there's a difference. But I haven't noticed that much difference. I guess it's b/c I was already big to begin with. I haven't even had to switch to maternity clothes or anything like that yet.

This is something that's hard to say, but I've been thinking about it for a few days now so I figure I'll just put it out there. I know that everyone says that once the baby is born, it'll be worth all the struggles to get preg and morning sickness and everything. But right now, I just don't know if I'll be able to do this again. Josh and I have talked about 2 or 3 kids, but I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. I also know that not every pregnancy is the same, but what if the next one is worse??

5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sorry that pregnancy has been rough on you so far. Still having m/s at 17 weeks, cannot be fun. As for the sleeping positions, I wouldn't worry too much about left or right. I switch between either side or my back all night long.

Hang in there Mon. Hopefully soon this will all be a distant memory and you'll have your little one!

Birdee said...

I am so glad you posted your feelings, I know you worked so hard for this, and It will be worth it, but the fact is, pregnancy can be very unpleasant. And 9 months is a very long time when your miserable.

My one cousin said she would never do it again, she had m/s the whole pregnancy, and I’m talking miserable m/s (you can relate) so even for years after, she said “No WAY” but then, she did, and it was much much better.

As far as sleeping on the Left side, I was told to sleep on the Left side after being admitted to the maternity ward at 7 months because I thought I had indigestion, (felt like belly flu) . If you’re hurting in any way, try sleeping on your left side at that time, but your still early and may not be suffering effects of lying on your back or right side. (that’s all IMO)


♥~hugs~♥

Rebecca said...

good to hear from you. i hope your mornings sickness goes away soon...i feel so bad that it's still lingering. just wait until the baby is born and see what you think then :).
to fix the bed time problem with the girls, either jonathan or i will lay in bed with liberty until she goes to sleep. she loves the cuddling (rare for her), and she stays in bed. works like a charm. and i know some day she won't want me in there putting her to sleep, so i'm treasuring the moments!

~ R.H. BlackRose said...

as your younger sis, and having had your two nephews, they were both different. kalob didn't move much and i had sic for the first few months, and for alex he moved everywhere but i didn;t have sic at all. until close to the very end, most of the time i felt more comfortable kinda on my stomach. you know where you are on your stomach but kind of turned a little?! after you get really big is when the left side is a lot better, its just that the baby sits/lays a certain way and the oxygen flows better. and if you remember, bec said she was never havin kids and now she has four?!!! lol i just say give it a bit for you to get used to the baby and then think about another one. i think you'll find that after, you bond so well with her/him that you'll be ready for another. i remember my labors and deliveries and i just wonder how a third one would go if i ever get pregnant again! i just hope yours are like mine......6hrs and 2 1/2hours!! hope you get to feelin better, just try to remember the worst that makes you feel that way and try to avoid as much as possible. i did find that nibblin on a cracker and some ginger ale before i got movin around did help a little. luv ya

Anonymous said...

As long as you are sleeping, that is important! I flipped between my right, left, stomach and back with all 3 of my kids and they are just fine ( and so am I) Its hard to think about doing it again while you are still baking the little one, but when it is time, you will be fine!!! Hang in there and try to enjoy the wait for the wee one....once he/she is here, it will seem like it was a blink! Hang in there Mo! -- Colleen