Google
 

Monday, June 9, 2008

7 weeks (oops, this got kinda long)

I don't even really know what to say here. I'd feel like the biggest traitor to the IF community to even think about complaining about anything pregnancy related. I LOVE being pregnant and I know how extremely lucky I am. But, OMG, this morning sickness thing is for the birds. I'd thought the nausea was bad before. I know other people have said they didn't get it until around week 7, but I thought I'd started it early. But I've been miserable since Thursday. I didn't even feel like getting out of bed for most of the weekend.

Okay, so enough complaining. A friend of ours suggested that while we still are good with finances, we should start buying diapers before we get strapped for cash. So we actually bought diapers and wipes this weekend. I know there is still so much that can go wrong, but this is starting to feel real and I'm getting really excited about it.

I think we also came to a conclusion about going back to work after the baby is born. We figured that it will cost us about $500 a month to have our "peanut" at the daycare where I work. That's just a little more than Josh's car payment. He's planning on re-enlisting in October and should be getting enough of a bonus to pay it off. So we should be okay on that front. As much as I'd love to stay home with my baby, I really don't know how we'll be able to really make it if I don't work. So I'll probably take off about 6 weeks until the baby can get into daycare and I feel well enough to go back to work.

2 comments:

Birdee said...

You look so happy, I love that pic!

Yep, 7 weeks, right on the money is when I had my first hurl in the bathroom, Pregnancy is fun, but the symptoms of pregnancy can be a bitch whether you suffered IF or not, so don’t feel guilty being miserable. That’s actually the one thing that sticks out in my mind the most with Dylan is how I felt like I drank curdled maggot milk.

Jen said...

I'm so glad that I never got m/s. IF or not, it still sucks (or at least from what I hear). It would be nice to stay home, but at least you work at the daycare so you know your baby will be close and safe.