Google
 

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Eat or Sleep?

That's the question. I left work early today b/c I was feeling so nauseated. If I eat something, it will probably make me feel better. But everytime I think about eating something, I want to hurl.

And I'm soooo tired. Just sitting here, I feel like I could go to sleep. If I want to sleep, I should go to bed. But I'm just too tired to get up and go to the other room.

I could watch something mindless on TV, but Josh likes to turn off the power strip to save electricity and I forgot to turn it on when I got home. So again, I'd need to get up. And then there's all the stuff I need to do like clean the living room, put together the bookshelf I bought 3 months ago, put together the crib and changing table, etc.

= /

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

you can save some of that putting together stuff for when your "nesting" period kicks in later on!! :) let me tell you, i got a TON done when that happened to me...i'd never cleaned so much in my life!

Jen said...

Hey don't worry about the crib and changing table for now. Wait until 2nd tri when you have more energy to take care of that. And as for the house, just try to let it go for a while. 1st tri is surprisingly exhausted. I completely thought pregnant women were exaggerating until I found myself sleeping 18 out of 24 hours on a Sunday.

I was pretty lucky in terms of m/s. As long as I ate a little bit every few hours I felt good. And I never really went through that food is repulsive stage. So hang in there. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

Anonymous said...

When your body says rest, listen. It's tough work to make a human being from scratch! You'll feel much more mommy power later (in plenty of time to get everything done). For now, let yourself feel ok about letting some things go.

Birdee said...

7 weeks was the magic mark for nausea and vomiting for me.
And I agree on the Nesting Period. It’s an amazing instinct; I think I could have built a house when I started nesting.
(giggle) and I love seeing new moms go through it, they don’t even know what hit them, I've seen some mom's take a sledge hammer to a wall to renovate. It’s pretty funny.
I slept a ton too, thought it was normal, and for the most part it is, but you can also be anemic. Dr. gave me some iron pills and It woke me right up.
GL on First Tri Symptoms, Second Tri is by far the BEST (it was for me anyway).

Katie said...

You have plenty of time to assemble stuff. We didn't even start clearing out our guest room and buy the crib until I was well into my second trimester. Forget actual painting and assembling of stuff...that went into the third trimester. Take care of *yourself* now.