Google
 

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ultrasound results

Okay, I would have posted earlier, but I'm just now getting the chance. The appointment went really well. The nurse (who I just found out is certified in RE) did my u/s, took family history and ordered lab tests--they took both blood and urine samples.

The u/s showed just one embryo which looked just like it should. We were able to see the heartbeat (128 bpm). The really cool part was that they had this technology that took the flashing of the heartbeat and transferred it to sound waves so we could actually "hear" it. So very cool. The only problem is that I have a corpus luteum (sp?) cyst on my right ovary. But she didn't seem to think it was a big deal.

Well, without further ado, here's what you've been waiting for:


Oh, and Josh has decided the baby looks like a peanut so that's what he's named him/her.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

awesome! i'm so glad everything went well! very cool photo...isn't it the most amazing thing to actually see the baby inside of you?!

Birdee said...

Awwww, thats the most beautiful Peanut I've ever seen, I'm so glad everything checked out okay.

KatieM said...

Yay, thats great news! Glad to see all is well...and yeah, those cysts can be pretty common in pregnancy because your CL is still producing progesterone at this point.

I'm confused though...your nurse is an RE? Why doesn't she just practice as an RE....I mean, she would make a lot more money that way.

Jen said...

Congrats on a fabulous u/s! Definitely don't worry about cysts. I had a small one and they usually go away on their own with no problems.

jenn said...

Congrats! How beautiful!