Google
 

Saturday, June 14, 2008

8 weeks

Well, the morning sickness really hit me hard this week. I actually had to take off a couple days from work b/c I just couldn't move without feeling like I was going to hurl. So I called the nurse and she gave me a prescription for Reglan. It's helped a lot. I'm still a bit nauseous here and there, but am doing better. I actually had the energy for a bike ride and taking the dogs for a walk last night.

Thursday was Josh's and my 4th anniversary. We had planned on going to a Japanese steakhouse, but he came home from work with a migraine so we went last night instead. It was nice to get kinda dressed up and go out. My 8 week pic is actually 7w6d, but I felt pretty so I went ahead and made Josh take it a day early. After dinner we went to Blockbuster to rent some movies. We ended up getting "Semi Pro," "The Other Boleyn Girl," and "The Assassination of Jesse James." We started watching "Semi Pro" but it was incredibly stupid so I went to bed.

I also had my first official appointment with my doctor yesterday. The u/s appointment I had last week was with the nurse. He did his routine exam and gave us information about a couple of prenatal screenings for spina bifida and cystic fibrosis and maybe some other stuff. I think we're going to do it. Not that we would get rid of a child if there's the possibility. I'd just want to prepare myself. He also said that my lab results from the previous week were good. He's going to be out of the office the first couple weeks in July, so I'm going back to get another u/s in 2 weeks. I can't wait to see my little peanut again!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I understand wanting to get the screenings. We had them done as well. All came back fine, thank goodness. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the m/s. You're only 4 weeks or so away from the end of your first trimester, and things usually get better after that. I never really had m/s, but I was tired all the time and napped just about every afternoon when I got home from work. That fatigue went away around Week 13 or so.

Birdee said...

I was just talking to my brother about getting an amnio and I'm not sure if I'll get one, I told him, If there is anything wrong like downs, It wouldnt matter to me, I'm still having it. But after reading your post, maybe I will, If my child did have something wrong, atleast I wouldnt be slammed into the news after delivery THEN have to learn about it. I'm glad I read your post.
ACK, I'm scared. I hate Big Long Needles.

Jen said...

We just rented Semi Pro too, although I'm only halfway through it. Silly but funny.

I totally understand your logic with the testing. There is something for being prepared. I just hope everything comes out fine, and that m/s goes away very soon.