Google
 

Thursday, November 20, 2008

30 week appt

Well, it's almost 31 weeks, but I did have an appt today. Nothing exciting. Just the standard. I've actually gained about 3 lbs! Finally. I guess I'm finally gaining because Sarah's gaining weight and I'm not throwing up anymore. I've been a bit sick with a cold or something this week so I haven't felt great.

Josh is reenlisting in the Navy tomorrow. He'll be signing another 6 year contract. This means real job security for for him and it pretty much sets him up to continue serving until he can retire at 20 years. I'm taking off work so I can go to the ceremony. Then there's a commmand Thanksgiving potluck. Oh that reminds me....I need to finish making those deviled eggs.

I also have a question. What do you know about cord banking? I'm not really looking at paying a lot of money to save my own cord blood, but I was thinking about donating to a public bank. When I asked Dr S about it, he said they would do it, but I'd have to do all the research and get the collection stuff myself. And he said I might have to still pay for the collection! Any ideas or suggestions????

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

glad things are going well with baby sarah. congrats to josh for reenlisting! will he be at 20 years at the end of the 6yr contract?

Monica Fayth said...

He'll be at 15 years, so he might as well make it 20 by that point

Anonymous said...

Yeah, often there is a considerable charge for public banking.

We didn't think we could find the money for private banking either, but we did...
We set up a gift registry at CBR and let our family and friends help defray the expense by contributing.
And we saved another $250 with the coupon at
http://www.cord-blood-banking-coupon.com

Best wishes with whatever you decide.