Google
 

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thoughts and prayers please

Remember back in July when Josh dislocated his shoulder? Well, it's still not better. In fact, it seems to be causing more pain lately. So he went back for another consult with the orthopedic surgeon. They did an MRI and found that there is a tear in the labrum (the cartilage around his shoulder joint). So they scheduled him for surgery next month. He got a call yesterday saying they could bump him up to this Friday. It will be arthroscopic so he'll be in and out the same day as long as there are no complications. If everything goes according to plan, he should be fully recovered in about 3 months. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers this weekend.

4 comments:

jenn said...

I certainly will! My sister & I have hereditary microscopic labrial tears in our hip joints- they hurt like the dickens & the only cure is surgery- but they could come back. I'm lucky because my flare-ups are very rare & I can deal with them, but she has had double hip surgeries. The recovery is not as bad as it could be otherwise without the little scope. Just make sure that he takes it easy & gives his body time- he'll probably feel much better very quickly & then just need to slowly get back to how he was with physical therapy.

Hears to a speedy & healthy recovery!

nancy said...

Oh boy.

But I have faith it'll work out for him. I've had MANY arthroscopic surgeries and it's way easier than you'd think. 4 knee and 1 shoulder surgery - it's not as bad as you'd imagine. Good thing he's getting it donw ASAP, so he'll be in a much better position to help you take care of your little girl when she's born.

Katie said...

I'll be praying for you and Josh. Hopefully his recovery won't get in the way of helping you with Sarah. I know it's rough when you don't have family nearby to help out.

nancy said...

So did he have the surgery this Friday?