Google
 

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Surgery

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers on Friday. We got to the hospital around 8am. Around 10:30, they took Josh to the OR to start his anesthesiology which took about an hour before they started the surgery. They used a neuro-block to help with the post-surgery pain. When they got in there, not only did they find the labrum torn, they also found rotator cuff damage. Around 2pm they finished the surgery and moved him to recovery. We finally left the hospital around 5. Josh is recovering okay, but he's still in some pain so he's on some pretty strong painkillers. He's got a follow-up with the surgeon in a couple weeks. We'll have to call the office in the morning to schedule it and find out exactly when he's supposed to go back to work.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am glad that his surgery went well! I hope that he recovers soon!!! Poor guy.

Jen said...

I'm glad things went well. Hopefully the recovery will be speedy! He has to heal up because he'll have a baby to hold soon!

Rebecca said...

we're glad to hear surgery went well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Monica,
I'm glad Josh's surgery went well. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery. I tried to call you last week but I never could get the call to go through. I was wondering if your number has changed. Please let me know what it is. I just wanted to catch up. Not too many days left now before you'll have a sweet baby in your arms.....