Google
 

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And the results are in

Well, I had my appointments today. I drank my glucose drink which wasn't too bad. I had my blood drawn when I got there. Dr S said no news is good news regarding the results. If the screening shows potential for diabetes, then I should hear something within a couple days. My blood pressure and weight were about the same as they have been. Baby's heartrate was 140. Overall, it was a pretty boring, routine appointment. I have graduated to appointments every 2 weeks now though.

2nd appointment--I had to go in with a full bladder and then I had to wait about 15 minutes after my appt. time. So by the time I got in there, I really had to pee! The tech did the ultrasound to check the placenta's position. Turns out it is at least 8.5 cm from the cervix area. I'm supposed to call Dr S on Thursday to go over the results, but the tech said it was good. So no worries there! After the initial u/s, I was able to empty my bladder bfore doing the 3-D. After checking a few angles to get a good face shot, the tech checked the gender. And as many people predicted, IT'S A GIRL!!! So introducing Sarah Lynn:


9 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations, and hi to Sarah! I would have loved to get 3-D shots of Carina, but wouldn't you know, the doc's office got the 3-D machine the month AFTER we had our big ultrasound. I almost wish I'd had a reason to get another one.

Steph said...

Congratulations. Baby girls rock!

Anonymous said...

That ultrasound video is the sweetest! Baby girls are the best! Wouldn't trade a single one of mine. Best wishes to you and Josh and Sarah Lynn.
Love, your big sis.

jenn said...

Congratulations!!!!

Jen said...

Bring on the pink! Congrats on Sarah Lynn...I love the name. Hopefully you hear nothing from the doctor's office.

Rebecca said...

yea! congratulations! glad you were finally able to find out! and the name is beautiful!

Colleen said...

Congratulations! Sarah Lynn is a beautiful name! Let the pink stuff begin!

Birdee said...

Wooowwww! I'm shocked!! Congratulations!! I'm so glad you got to find out your having a daughter. That is sooo neat!!!
~hugs~

Misty Dawn said...

Congrats Monica on your baby GIRL!!