Google
 

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baby Shower and Contractions

I had my baby shower today. It was actually a dual shower for another Navy wife and me. Her due date is the day after mine, but she's having a planned C-sect on the 19th due to placenta previa. Hopefully I'll get some pics soon and can post them. It was a really nice shower. We only played a couple games--the one where everyone wears a clothespin, but you lose it if you say the word "baby" and one where we had to remember as many items on a tray as possible. So it wasn't a bunch of silly games that made everyone feel stupid. But the coolest part was all the moms gave words of wisdom/advice about what to really expect.

Shortly after getting home from the shower, I started feeling bad. Then I realized that contractions were starting to come about every 25 minutes. That was about 3 or 4 hours ago. Now they're down to around 15 minutes apart. Dr S told me to come in when they're 5 mins apart. So we're keeping track of the time and waiting to see. And Sarah has decided to start kicking harder. I'm thinking she doesn't like her home squeezing her.

No comments: