Google
 

Sunday, January 11, 2009

False Alarm

Well, the contractions got within about 6 minutes so we went to the hospital. They had me pee in a cup and hooked me up to the monitors. I was pretty dehydrated so they gave me water and some Tylenol for the pain. I was only 2-3 cm dilated, at -2 station, and only 50% effaced. So now I'm thinking I musta heard Dr S wrong when I thought he said 80% on Monday. They monitored me for a couple hours and checked my cervix again. No change so they sent me home. I'm kinda disappointed, but am glad I'll get to sleep in my own comfy bed instead of being up all night. It's now 1:30 in the morning so I'm going to take some Benadryl and go to sleep.

2 comments:

jenn said...

good luck hon- I hope she gets to cook a little bit longer!

Anonymous said...

Arrggh! False labor stinks. Emily did that to me for a week before she decided to make an appearance. Keep your spirits up. You're on the countdown!