Google
 

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A week to 10 days!

That's what Dr S is predicting! I had my 37 week appt yesterday. It began with the same general routine--BP is up just a little to 124/80, weight up a pound or two, urine's good, baby's HB good (not sure the exact number), fundus right at 37. (Oh funny thing about the fundus measurement. After we got home, I was talking to Josh's dad about the appointment and Josh made some comment about 37 inches. Then he was like, wait a minute, that's 3 feet. That can't be right. That would mean she could walk in the shallow end of a swimming pool. So I had to tell him it was cm, not in!)

Then Dr S did the vaginal swab for the Group B strep test. He didn't do a rectal one for which I'm thankful! Then came the pelvic exam. Not comfortable, but not too bad. He estimates that I'm about 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. That's why he's predicting that I'll go into labor in about a week to 10 days!

He also gave me the option of inducing about a week early, if I go that long. He's going to be out of town just before my due date. So I have the choice of either inducing early to make sure he's the one that delivers or just wait for Mother Nature and allow one of his partners to deliver. I told him I'd rather just wait. But again, he's not expecting me to have to wait that long anyway.

I can't believe I've got such a short time left. I've still gotta get the nursery put together. I've gotten all the crap out--well, most of it, there's still some stuff on a couple shelves but that can wait. Now I've just gotta get the crib and changing table put together. I think Josh is supposed to help me with it tonight. It's just been so hard with me feeling bad and him with only one arm. We're going to have to wait on the ceiling fan that needs to be installed and the border I'm planning on using for trim. I don't want to be on the ladder that much and Josh needs both hands.

I think we've also got grandparents' visits planned. Josh's mom will be coming the 20th through the 28th. Though now that Sarah may be coming earlier, Josh's mom will probably try to get here earlier too (we're just a 5-6 hour drive). My mom will be flying in on the 28th and staying for about a week. Dad's not coming b/c he hates to fly (he's claustrophobic and a smoker), and the drive from FL is just too long (he's got a bad back). She wanted to be here for the birth, but didn't want to take the chance of coming early and then having to leave before the big day. Unfortunately, we can't really change her ticket without it costing a hundred bucks or so. Josh's dad and stepmom are going to wait until the end of Feb and come out for a long weekend.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Already??? Seriously, Mon. Didn't you just get pregnant???

Elana Kahn said...

Woo hoo! That's so awesome! I can't wait to see pics of your little girl!

Rebecca said...

you look great in your new pic! wow...that's crazy she may be coming so soon! i just had my 36wk checkup and had the strep b test as well. i am going to have my doc check me next tuesday when i go in again. anywho...can't wait to hear more!!!!

Katie said...

Wow, you're even more effaced and dilated than I was at this point (1.5 and 75%, respectively). And C came 4 days after the appointment. So you never know...